segunda-feira, outubro 29

Relative Pronouns


Who (o/a qual, que, quem)
- refers to persons and to the subject.
   An astronaut is a person who travels in space.
 Whom (o/a qual, que, quem)
-  refers  to  persons  when  they are  not  the  subject; it often used with a preposition
This is the man whom I saw stealing. (I saw the man)
That’s the boy with whom I play football. (I play with him)


 Which (que, a/o qual, as/os quais)
- refers to things and animals
Catco is a company which makes toys.


That (que, quem, a/o qual)
               - refers to persons, things and animals; it can replace who and which

This toy is a bag that changes into a ball.
Directors are people that have a lot of responsibility.




Whose
(cujo, cuja, cujos, cujas)
-  means  possession  and  refers  to  persons,  things  and animals
Mr Johnson is the person whose job is to sell the toys.
That is the house whose owner is my uncle.




 A. Complete with WHO, WHOM, WHICH or WHOSE.

1. I am the person ______________ wrote to you.

2. That’s the boy ______________ was playing football yesterday.
3. I haven’t seen many people ______________ face I knew.

4. She is the girl ______________ I met yesterday.

5. That’s the old woman ______________ the children helped cross the road.
6. I know a girl ______________ father is a good surgeon.

7. He sold the house in ______________ he used to live.

8. We didn’t know ______________ that man was.

9. The girl ______________ you saw at the door is my sister.




10. This is the car ______________ the mechanic repaired yesterday. 
11. This is the book ______________ was expensive.

12. I wanted to know ______________ he saw dancing with her.

13. Mr Morrison is the man ______________ lives near the Millers.

14. Mr Green is the postman ______________ delivers our letters.
15. I don’t like the house ______________ is near school.

16. They wanted to know ______________ I was phoning.

17. That is the woman ______________ flat is very modern.
18. They asked her ______________ she had offered the flowers.

19. We didn’t know ______________ that man was.

20. Everyday I carry a bag ______________ is very happy.

21. That is the man ______________ son is very famous.




B.  Complete with the missing relatives.

Mr Gordon, ____________ lives near London, has a friend with ____________

he  goes everyday. In the  morning, he  goes  to the  garage, ____________  is

behind his house, and takes out the car ____________ is in it.


The friend ____________ he takes in his car is Mr Smith, ____________ has no

car. They work in an office ____________ street is very busy.


When Mr Gordon  arrives at his office, he  reads the  letters ____________  he

has on his table, and talks to the secretary ____________ works with him. 
















Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Deixe seu recadinho. Obrigada!